Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

 
I have worn many wild and foolish costumes over the years on Halloween including the infamous Lorena Bobbit, a scary Ghede, (the voodoo god of the dead), and Cher from her Moonstruck days. I have also played my share of “sexy things”; sexy kitty, sexy puppy, sexy cave-girl, sexy Native American, sexy alien, sexy vampire (that one earned me a write up in the LA Weekly and other places too embarrassing for a mother of two to reveal). My all time personal favorite and go to standard has always been “Witch”. Not sexy witch, just witch; though twice I was a “pregnant witch”. People say that on Halloween you dress up like the thing you wish you could be or are too shy to be in real life. Does that mean that I strive to have more power and control in my life and make magic on the things I wish to change? Would I like to cast spells and make love potions? You betcha! When I take my kids trick or treating, I usually say, oh I won’t dress up this year, but then I end up putting together a costume.  Since my divorce, I have dressed as a Super Hero Mom, and a Zombie Mom, both of which I have cried about, laughed about or both, but I think this year I’m ready to be a witch again. I miss it, and I think it’s time to embrace my inner-witchiness once more.  Now I just have to decide, green face or deathly white? Purple satin hat or traditional Black? Pointy boots or striped tights? You’ll have to wait and see.  I’ll be the witch mom holding jackets standing on the sidewalk trying not to embarrass my kids as I take pictures and yell at them to say thank-you.

No comments:

Post a Comment